Kitesurfing isn’t a new sport, but we’ve never seen so many requests for family trips that include kites, and not the fly-in-the-park variety. The follow-up question to where to kite surf is often: is there a kids’ club? Which makes sense, since the parent left in charge of the kids while the partner is off pursuing his or her passion is usually looking for a little downtime of their own. To help you fanatics out, we’ve mapped out our favorite resorts that have kitesurfing from their own beach, as well as a few others with the sport nearby.Read More
Dispatches from around the world
Filtering by Category: Anguilla
In light of this East Coast whopper of a storm, we're sharing some photos of a place we'd rather be: Anguilla! Photographer Michael Edwards, whose credits include Sports Illustrated, Glamour and Vogue, recently spent time on the island while shooting supermodel Ashley Graham. He shared snaps from his stay at one of our favorite hotels, Malliouhana, and it's pretty much all we want to think about today.Read More
Check out these three new hotels to know for the holiday season. There's a cool Lake Tahoe hotel for the design-conscious family, a stylish stay with a new name in Anguilla, and a grownup getaway for #romance in the Maldives.Read More
If you really want a break from it all this holiday season, there's nothing better than going to a resort with an awesome kids' club to keep the whole family relaxed and happy. The littles get to make new friends while enjoying fun activities and you get some peace by the pool. Read on for our favorite beach getaways with the best kids' clubs around.Read More
Just a quick boat ride from St. Martin, Anguilla has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The Malliouhana is an island chic resort only 44 rooms with two pools and a huge beach-- so it's ideal for some quality beach and family time by the sea.
Malliouhana, an Auberge Resort
Meads Bay, Anguilla
- Junior suites provide double-queen bedding and generous square footage for a family of four.
- Two-bedroom suites have separate bedrooms connected by a small living room.
- Garden view and ocean view rooms offer connecting options with a king and double queen (confirm directly with the hotel).
- Following a $80-million renovation in 2014, the new Malliouhana has the signature touches of an Auberge resort (fantastic food, stylish rooms, friendly staff) while retaining the elegant architecture of one of Anguilla’s most legendary properties.
- Each of the 44 rooms has private terraces, spacious marble bathrooms and a blend of Caribbean décor with contemporary touches like tvs hidden in Art Deco-style mirrors.
- Two pools, three beaches, multiple restaurants plus a spa, gym and loads of cozy seating nooks: there’s always a place to plant your family.
- Wifi, the mini bar and continental breakfast are included in the room rates.
- Huge grounds but only 44 rooms means the pools and beaches never feel crowded.
- The resort’s blend of history and authenticity has a heartwarming sense-of-place.
- Rooms jump from an open-plan junior suite to a 2-bedroom suite; there’s no option for a 1-bedroom set-up where the children sleep in the living room.
- There’s no kids’ club, but the staff arranges family activities during peak periods, and there’s a shady playground built like a pirate ship.
- The family pool sits just beneath the adult pool, steps apart, so the vibe isn’t quite right for screaming games of marco polo.
A big hello to August! We don't want to be too cheesy and ask where the summer is going (but actually--where is it going?). In case you've been wondering the same thing, let us offer you some distraction in the form of our favorite links of late.Read More
Passported's Head of Product, Nicole, recently won (yes, won in an Instagram contest) a free round-trip to London from Virgin Atlantic and WeWork. So she hopped on a plane and jetted out to explore the city she used to know well and discover what's new and cool to do in London right now.Read More
New York parents Jamaal and Danielle share their tips on Anguilla after returning from a recent trip with adorable baby Gigi. Read about the best beaches, a favorite new restaurant and which hotel went the extra mile.Read More
Inspired by the destinations and travel trends we loved in 2014, we're rounding up the 10 places that look set to dominate the family travel scene over the next 12 months. Read on for where we'll be getting our passport stamps in 2015.Read More
Winter is coming. No seriously, winter is coming. To keep the polar vortex blues at bay, we’re rounding up eight of our favorite warm-weather getaways a non-stop hop (forget the skip and jump) from the East Coast. This way to the beach.Read More
We’re kicking off our regular q+a series with one of our travel idols, Auberge Resorts founder Mark Harmon. The man behind Napa’s uber romantic Auberge du Soleil has also mastered the art of keeping both grown-up and junior guests happy. Aspen’s Hotel Jerome, Cabo’s Esperanza and Napa Valley’s Calistoga Ranch and Solage Calistoga woo us with their great food, design and service. But our kids are equally welcome, meaning everyone gets a real vacation. We can’t wait to see what Auberge does with Anguilla’s legendary Malliouhana when it reopens later this year. Mark lives in San Francisco with his wife and three children.Read More