Located just 45 minutes from Los Angeles, the resort is most popular with local Californians looking to escape for a few days, but it's the perfect for anyone looking for a poolside Zika-free vacation for a babymoon or family getaway. There's plenty of splashing room for the kids and an adults-only pool for couples looking to unwind.Read More
Dispatches from around the world
Filtering by Tag: Family Vacation
Just a quick boat ride from St. Martin, Anguilla has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The Malliouhana is an island chic resort only 44 rooms with two pools and a huge beach-- so it's ideal for some quality beach and family time by the sea.
Malliouhana, an Auberge Resort
Meads Bay, Anguilla
- Junior suites provide double-queen bedding and generous square footage for a family of four.
- Two-bedroom suites have separate bedrooms connected by a small living room.
- Garden view and ocean view rooms offer connecting options with a king and double queen (confirm directly with the hotel).
- Following a $80-million renovation in 2014, the new Malliouhana has the signature touches of an Auberge resort (fantastic food, stylish rooms, friendly staff) while retaining the elegant architecture of one of Anguilla’s most legendary properties.
- Each of the 44 rooms has private terraces, spacious marble bathrooms and a blend of Caribbean décor with contemporary touches like tvs hidden in Art Deco-style mirrors.
- Two pools, three beaches, multiple restaurants plus a spa, gym and loads of cozy seating nooks: there’s always a place to plant your family.
- Wifi, the mini bar and continental breakfast are included in the room rates.
- Huge grounds but only 44 rooms means the pools and beaches never feel crowded.
- The resort’s blend of history and authenticity has a heartwarming sense-of-place.
- Rooms jump from an open-plan junior suite to a 2-bedroom suite; there’s no option for a 1-bedroom set-up where the children sleep in the living room.
- There’s no kids’ club, but the staff arranges family activities during peak periods, and there’s a shady playground built like a pirate ship.
- The family pool sits just beneath the adult pool, steps apart, so the vibe isn’t quite right for screaming games of marco polo.
We are so excited to have one of our favorite bloggers and Instagrammers, Ana Fritsch of Lucky Penny, check out the Grand Isle Resort in Exuma just for us. With her adorable daughters, Edith and Lilah, in tow she navigated the crystal-clear waters, craft markets in town, and even swan with the pigs. Check out her story and gorgeous snaps of her kiddos loving island life.Read More