Located just 45 minutes from Los Angeles Terranea is a resort most popular with local Californians looking to escape for a few days, but it's perfect for anyone looking for a poolside Zika-free vacation or a babymoon or family getaway. There's plenty of splashing room for the kids and an adults-only pool for couples looking for some quiet time. With spectacular views and plenty of activities, Terranea is a perfect add on to a trip to Los Angeles for anyone looking to soak up the California sun and chill out.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CALIFORNIA
- The casitas can be combined to make a perfect family retreat with amenities like a full kitchen, laundry and living room for the whole fam to hang out in.
- Located 45 minutes from Los Angeles, getting there is a cinch with direct flights to LAX from all major cities and a short drive to reach the resort but you'll feel a million miles away from the city.
- There's a kids' club (for a fee) and a gorgeous spa everyone can come here to unwind. Cabanas can be rented daily for those looking for a little more poolside privacy.
- The resort has 360 rooms, casitas and suites, in addition to private villas which are ideal for larger crews especially with kiddos. There are adults-only bungalows near the spa for grownup getaways and babymooners.
- With four pools including a kids' and teen pools and two adult's-only options, there's really a place for everyone to enjoy their own thing. The kids' pool has a 140 foot waterslide for maximum amusement.
- The resort also has four restaurants and a cafe so you can stay on property for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you choose, but you may need to head off site if you stay more than a few days.