Located a quick 45 minutes from LAX, Terranea Resort is most popular with Angelenos escaping the city for a few days. But it's also perfect for anyone looking for a poolside Zika-free vacation, a babymoon and especially a family getaway. There's plenty of splashing room for the kids and an adults-only pool for couples looking for some quiet time. With spectacular views and plenty of activities, Terranea is an ideal add on to a trip to Los Angeles for soaking up the California sun and chilling out.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CALIFORNIA
- The casitas can be combined to make a perfect family retreat with amenities like a full kitchen, laundry and living room for the whole fam to hang out in.
- Located 45 minutes from Los Angeles, getting there is a cinch with direct flights to LAX from all major cities and a short drive to reach the resort, but you'll feel a million miles away.
- There's a kids' club (for a fee) and a gorgeous spa so everyone can come here to unwind. Cabanas can be rented by the day for those looking for a little more poolside privacy.
- The resort has 360 rooms, casitas and suites, in addition to private villas which are ideal for larger crews especially with kiddos. There are adults-only bungalows near the spa for grownup getaways and babymooners.
- With four pools including one for kids, one just for teens and two adults-only options, there's really a place for everyone to enjoy their own thing. The kids' pool has a 140 foot waterslide for maximum amusement.
- The resort also has four restaurants and a cafe so you can stay on property for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you choose, but you may need to head off site if you stay more than a few days.