Everyone wants to escape the city heat in the summer, so skip the traffic on the LIE, hop on a quick flight and land in the preppy paradise of Nantucket.
- The spa is a must-stop to unwind after a day of exploring the island. It also makes for a perfect add on to a babymoon with their prenatal massage or a romantic weekend with a couple's massage.
- The hotel is extremely family-friendly with everything you could need from strollers to sippy cups available at the front desk. The restaurant has a kids' menu and emergency diapers are always on hand.
- All bookings can be made before you go through their pre-arrival concierge.
- A classic waterfront resort on Nantucket Harbor with porches dotted with wicker chairs for lounging and nautical decor.
- For a family, suites and cottages with pullout sofas are a great fit, plus most have outdoor patios. There are also lofts in town, which are perfect for feeling like a local.
- The Brant Point Grill serves up all of the greatest hits including New England clam chowder, Nantucket Crab cakes and local lobster.
And check out their sister property, White Elephant Village...
Looking to live like a local in Nantucket for the summer? Check out the White Elephant Village, a gorgeous inn with cozy guest rooms and residences with up to three-bedrooms, perfect for families.
This island outpost of the NYC and Aspen restaurant offers up a rad raw bar and lobster roll with either butter or mayo...we're team butter.
Charter this class boat from a member's only club for a full or half-day and head out for a picnic lunch on the seas or visit neighboring Martha's Vineyard.
Check out this shop for designer duds from the likes of dresses by Isabel Marant and jewels by Pamela Love.
Nantucket can be reached by sea or air. It's a quick hour-long flight from NYC. You can fly jetBlue from JFK seasonally or hop on a charter from Tradewind out of Teterboro or White Plains. You can also drive and take the high-speed ferry from Saquatucket Harbor in Harwich Port or the busier Hyannis Port (about an hour).