Want to escape for Valentine's Day, but just don't have the time to travel far? Simply book a staycation at one of these fab hotels and feel a million miles away, just a few blocks from your house.
New York City: Baccarat Hotel
- The bar, with its arched ceilings, black-and-white tiled floors and deep settes feels achingly Parisian and so romantic; come for a drink, stay the night.
- The La Mer spa, the brand’s first US outpost, is next to a cozy indoor pool, perfect for settling in for a sip with your love and a swim after a couples massage.
- Need a lift? A vintage red Citroën will ferry you and your date within a 15 block radius and is the ultimate way to arrive to dinner in style.
Los Angeles: Shutters on the Beach
- Feel like you’re staying at a serene and chic guest house of the best friend you wish you had who has a beachfront home in Santa Monica, just for the two of you.
- The pool has a staggering ocean view, and cabanas are available for a romantic day spent poolside.
- One, the hotel spa, offers all kinds of treatments. Check ahead of time for deals that can help you unwind for less.
Miami: Faena Miami Beach
- Right on the widest stretch of sand in Miami Beach, this brand new hotel features rooms with custom-made furniture, huge bathrooms and suites just ooze sex appeal.
- The chic restaurants include Pao and Los Fuegos, where diners who can’t make it to Buenos Aires or Garzon can finally try the Argentine chef’s famous cuisine.
- Stay up late and go to El Secreto, the hidden bar (good luck getting in), catch a show in the theater, or just sit outside and gawk at the $16 million Damien Hirst mammoth skeleton housed in a glass box by the pool.
Boston: Liberty Hotel
- Feeling naughty? This hotel occupies a former jailhouse that housed some of the city’s most notorious criminals from 1851 to 1990.
- The buzzy lounges and restaurants (called the Clink, Alibi and the Yard) are perfect for V-Day date night.
- Suites have separate living rooms and bedrooms, so you can get very comfortable.