Gina Bradley may be known as the SUP queen of the Hamptons thanks to her amazing Paddle Diva shop in East Hampton, but she's quickly become our go-to gal for all things Rincon as well. She recently expanded her shop to this hip Caribbean surf destination, and she agreed to spill all her local secrets. We can't wait to sneak down for a visit.
- Hip: Pools Bar Sushi and La Copa Ilena at the Black Eagle Marina, right near Paddle Diva's Headquarters!
- Date Night: Estela and Rincon Brewery
- Family Fun: Shipwreck Bar & Grill and Calypso Cafe for sunset cocktails and live music the kids will adore
- Value: Red Flamboyan
- Healthy: Carta Buena for snacks and smoothies that sustain
- Tweens and Teens: For older kids, there's a huge range of activities, especially if they like a little adventure. Try parasailing, take an eco-tour with Paddle Diva, or gallop on the beach with Pintos R Us horseback riding adventures.
- School Age: buy a daypass to Rincon Beach Resort, have lunch and enjoy!
- Babies and Toddlers:The Marina beach is calm and good for smaller swimmers, or hire a sitter from Mamma Mel's while you hit the bigger waves
The Whole family: take a surf lesson with the team at Albert Lash's Road To Happiness surfing and tours. This outfit is the safest, insured and most experienced. And the added bonus is that they are at Maria's Beach and Sandy's beach, the best surfing spots for beginners!
- Thursday Night ArtWalk: where artisans show and sell their wares in the main plaza
- Sunday Farmer’s Market: this morning market has great organic goods; don't miss the Sana Farm Stand across from the Rincon Post Office for veggies and other produce
- Steps Beach: the BEST snorkeling in the Caribbean
- El Faro: this lighthouse is one of the oldest in PR and it's a great place for watching the surfers and the yearly humpback whale migrations
- Try a Pincho: it’s a staple in PR it is basically “meat on a stick” (I love the ones at Steps Quick Bar)
- Find a Limber Lady: This is Puerto Rico’s version of an ice. It could change your world.
- Rescue a Sato: donate, foster or transport an adopted stray dog