It's winter, it's snowing, it's time to get away. Here's where we're headed in Puerto Rico.
The St. Regis Bahia Beach
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach opened in 2010 and is the brand’s only Caribbean outpost, with 139 rooms set on a 483-acre former coconut plantation.
- The two miles of beach and curvy pool are the most popular spots to hang, but there’s also an excellent spa, a Robert Trent Jones, Jr. golf course and four restaurants, including one overseen by celeb chef Jean-Georges.
- The airport is a thirty-minute drive away.
- Rooms are large, starting at over 600 square feet, and have double queen arrangements that fit a family of four in almost all categories.
- An Astor Suite is the least expensive suite, with a king bedroom and queen sofa bed in the separate living area.
- The St. Regis Suites are oceanfront for those who want to be closest to the beach.
- The nature program run by a marine biologist is the real deal; the resort is the first in the Caribbean to receive gold certification from Audubon International.
- The Iguana Children’s Club (ages 4-12) has its own facilities tucked away on a wooded path, with cute and colorful indoor space for crafts and games and an outdoor yard and basketball hoop.
- The hotel is next to the famous El Yunque rainforest, making eco-adventures easy to reach.
- Connecting rooms are available in many categories, but they don’t connect within the room, rather through an outside door; still private but not a great option for families with very young children.
- The resort has only one pool; the second one is for residents in the villas only.
- Don’t ask for a rollaway bed; there are air mattresses only for extra bedding.
St. Regis Bahia Beach
State Road 187 kilometer 4.2, Rio Grande
Ready to travel? Contact Monique, Passported's director of travel, to plan your trip and get your Passported Perks at the St. Regis:
- Full Breakfast for two daily at Fern Restaurant
- $100 Food and Beverage credit
- Upgrade, early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability