We'd all like to think that our lives look rosier through Instagram filters. Despite the effortless feel, it does take a little (read: a lot) of skill to master the ultimate #photoftheday. So we tapped the Instagram queens from one of our favorite feeds, Heymama and got them to spill their secrets for the perfect photo finish.
- Kissing pictures are always good.
- One kid is easier than two.
- Find a good background: all white, a color like a wall of ivy, a roller door works, or a print like graffiti.
- Offer bribes to your childrens (ekkk, sorry!).
- Make it fun. Catch the action on a dance party tickle fest.
- Make sure you don't have any crap like laundry in the background.
- Outside light is the best.
- Tap someone to be on photo duty all weekend. who ever gets the best pic of you and the kids wins (more bribes).
- Pretend to laugh in the picture, or really laugh but pretend laughs look better actually.
- Hold hands and jump in front of a cute background.
- Order milkshakes and sip them from cute straws together.
- Have your kid whisper a secret in your ear and laugh (fake laugh) while not really looking at the camera.
So how do these tips and tricks work IRL? Henley put them to the test (outtakes included)!
Also, check out our very own #ladyboss Henley's guide to fundraising for your business on Heymama.