Los Angeles is famous for its sunny skies and stylish crowds. It has claims some major notoriety for its traffic, which is why we love this hotel. The W Los Angeles West Beverly Hills sits in the adorable neighborhood of Westwood, adjacent to UCLA, but just a hop from everything else you'll want to do in the City of Angels. Here's what to know, and where to go when you're staying. (P.S. we're giving away a two-night stay! Enter to win here.)
- The 297-room W Los Angeles West Beverly Hills recently emerged from a tip-to-toe renovation that's left the decor and digs as fresh as the clientele is.
- A destination for locals as much as for visitors, the W's restaurant STK and Bliss spa serve a mean steak and a killer massage, so book ahead when you know you're coming this way.
- Rooms are big, starting at 400 square feet, so couples can cozy up in almost any category, but families should book one of the suites to fit everyone.
- This pool was made for lounging...the private cabanas are a popular spot for celebs, and the surrounding gardens and trees make the entirely swimming area feel like a calming respite from busy city life.
- Walkability—Westwood's got it. Take a stroll to the Hammer Museum and Geffen Playhouse for a culture kick, then swing by Diddy Reese, famous for their ice cream sandwiches and freshly baked cookies.
- Santa Monica and Venice's beaches are a blissfully short drive; head west in the morning when everyone is commuting in then do the reverse commute back later to skip all the traffic.