St. Tropez, France
St. Tropez’s reputation as a hard-partying beach resort is only half accurate. Beyond the thumping club beats and starlet-draped sunbeds remains the soul of the 60s, when Brigitte Bardot and Mick Jagger swung this quiet village into focus. Many of the best hotels are in or near town, but for families, we love this low-key boutique resort set directly on Pampelonne Beach.
- A 1960s retro-chic motel with ten cottages, two swimming pools and an enviable beachfront location
- Yoga and pilates studios at the hotel with a roster of international teachers that do month-long residencies
- Classic St. Tropez boho vibe that feels authentically French and worlds away from the flashy celeb yacht hopping nearby
- Chambre 9, the suite, has a large living room separated by a door that works well as a children’s bedroom.
- Chambre 5 has a romantic, gauze-draped four-poster bed plus a small extra room to add a crib or a cot
- Chambre 2 has a Balinese look and opens up to the main pool
- Wake up on famous Pampelonne Beach everyday while others fight the traffic over.
- Easy access to the beach clubs.
- The hotel’s owners donate a portion of every room rate to a children’s charity.
- The town of St. Tropez is a ten-minute drive from the hotel.
- Nikki Beach, with a rowdy day-party scene, is directly next door (but so is Jumeaux, ideal for families)
- Rooms are more country than high-design, not a fit for those who like contemporary furnishings
Route de L'Epi
Tel: (33) 4-9812-9595